A non-alcoholic, family oriented, celebration of the New Year. Come out and enjoy live music all evening, while you skate on the Roger's K-Rock Centre ice, or listen from the stands. A variety of activities throughout the concourse will be fun for all ages. Dress warm to participate in the wagon rides outdoors, and enjoy the spectacular fireworks display at 9 p.m.
Inside the Rogers K-Rock Centre
MC Roger James kicks-off a line-up of live performances:
- 5 p.m. – Roger James – Music and comedy
- 5:30 p.m. – Salon Theatre presents a new Sir John Eh? The Road Show – Family Fun
- 6:15 p.m. – Sonshine and Broccoli – Children’s singing sensations
- 7:15 p.m. – The Kim Pollard Band – Rhythm and Blues
- 8:15 p.m. – Georgette Fry Band and Shout Sister Choir – Highlights from “Georgette Sings Etta”
- Purple dragon puppet show every hour on the half-hour
- Face painting
- Inflatable sports centre
- Making something at the Martello Alley Art Centre
- Getting a picture of you and yours at the photo booth
- Making a wish for the new year at the wishing well!
- Skating - tickets for the next skating time will be given to those in line on the half-hour. View ticket details.
Outside in downtown Kingston
Dress warmly and plan to enjoy:
- 5 to 8:30 p.m. – Whites wagon rides; leaves from The Tragically Hip Way
- Until 11 p.m. – Skate in Springer Market Square
- 9 p.m. – Spectacular fireworks finale, wrapping up the year’s Sir John A. Bicentennial celebrations. The best viewing location is in Confederation Basin.