The Rural Advisory Committee meets to provide advice to Kingston City Council on the interests of rural residents as they relate to residents, business, and agriculture. These are public meetings, and all are welcome to attend and provide comments on the presentations or reports discussed.
On the agenda for the February 29th meeting:
- Briefing on Rural resident engagement presentation from Director of Strategic Communications
- KEDCO briefing on employment and business opportunities in the rural area
- Briefing from County of Frontenac on Economic Development Plan and ways for collaboration on Rural Development.
- Consideration of rural roadside "brushback" program from Public Works.
- Consideration of rural winter roads maintenance report from Public Works.
- Summary of the work completed for 2015 committee report card.
A full agenda and reports will be posted on the City of Kingston website a few days prior to the meeting.
If you have any issues, ideas, or feedback for the committee to discuss at a future meeting, let me know by calling (613) 876-7253 or by sending an email to email@example.com.